Monday, July 3, 2017

Celebrate 150 Fireworks Card For Emerald Creek Craft Supplies

Hello and thanks for stopping by.  I have a card to share with you today that I made for Emerald Creek Dares new challenge, 'Fireworks and Sparks'.  We just finished celebrating Canada's 150th birthday on July 1st with plenty of fireworks to mark the occasion so I made a card to remember that wonderful day.


Emerald Creek Craft Supplies used:


I've a few step out photos on how I made my card so read on for the how to.

I had used the Salted Raven embossing powder on a project that I made a couple of weeks ago and when I was melting it, it struck me that it looked exactly like the fabulous star filled skies that we are lucky enough to witness each and every night out here in the country.  I had a vision of a firework filled, star lit sky and that was my starting point.  I die cut the dome from Tim Holtz's Snowglobe die set (which I'm ashamed to say has never been used before this!) from white cardstock and embossed it with the Salted Raven embossing powder.


Next I stamped The Works stamp three times, embossing each stamping with a different colour of embossing powder (Northern Lights on the left, White with an overlay of Iridescent Shimmer in the middle and Candy Red on the right).

I then cut out a circular card blank with a round We R Memory Keepers Nesting Circles die that had a slightly larger radius than the embossed dome.  I let the die run wild off one side of my folded piece of white cardstock, leaving about a 1" wide area on the left side that wasn't cut to form the 'hinge' on my card.


Another circle die from the same set was chosen that had about the same radius as the embossed dome and a circle was die cut from kraft cardstock.  The embossed dome was adhered overtop and I stamped the Canada Map stamp onto the bottom of the circle (apologies to the Lower Great Lakes and parts of Nunavut and the Northwest Territories for cutting you off!!).  The thin strip in the Snowglobe die set was cut from more kraft card to finish off the area where the two die cuts met.

Some mountains and trees were die cut with the Snowglobe die set from Neutral Core'dinations cardstock and Tim Holtz's Classic Kraft-Stock.  They were sanded and lightly inked with Gathered Twigs Distress ink.

The embossed and stamped circle was adhered onto the front of the prepared card base and the mountains and trees adhered with Therm O Web Small Zots along the middle of the card.

The word 'celebrate' was die cut with Tim Holtz's Sentiment Words, Thin die from Classic Kraft-Stock, sanded and backed with a piece of white Core'dinations Neutral Cardstock.  Another piece of white cardstock was embossed with Oh Canada embossing powder and the 150 numbers die cut with Tim Holtz's Alphanumeric dies.


Celebrate and 150 were adhered overtop of the Canada Map stamp and the 150 numbers outlined with a fine line black felt pen to make them a little more prominent.  Last but not least, a bit more sparkle was added with a line of red glitter glue around the outside edge of the card.

I hope that you've enjoyed seeing how my Celebrate 150 Fireworks card came together.


I'm really very pleased with how the fireworks look exploding against the Salted Raven night sky, it's pretty effective don't you think?


And I hope that I've inspired you to enter Emerald Creek's 'Fireworks and Sparks' July challenge , you have a chance to win a $50.00 gift certificate to their online store, www.emeraldcreek.org,


as well as receiving a 10% discount on your next order just for entering the Dare!


As always, thanks for stopping by today and happy creating!

Deb xo

9 comments:

  1. Love it. That background does look like a starry sky and he fireworks look great against it. I love the little trees and mountains too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great looking card, Deb! The fireworks look wonderful. I love seeing how you created this card. How much easier could it be to cut a round shape card. I hadn't even thought of the simplicity of setting the round die a tad off the card fold edge. I duh feeling for sure. LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magical mountain range, Deb - and your work with the powders to create the night sky and the fireworks is just brilliant! What a wonderful celebration of an important anniversary.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blew me away!!! This is such a great way to use the snowglobe die!!! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Deb!! the sky w/ fireworks is so cool and I love all the other details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic celebratory card and brilliant designing Deb. Happy 150th Canada xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you've used these dies. Great card. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun and awesome sauce design! The fireworks are splendid and theny go and add the 3D mountains. Say what! Fantabulous and spectacular! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool way to use your snowglobe die, Deb! love this!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo